Activity level: moderate/challenging
Date: Any date of the year
We are happy to offer elite photography tours led by highly experienced, talented, award-winning professional photographers and scientists. These tours are designed for everyone to enjoy, from beginners to the most experienced adventure photographers. Our goal is to help you capture stunning photographs, by making sure that you are in the right place at the right time. We will also teach you important photography techniques and simple to use tips from our pros to help you continue to grow as a photographer. Immerse yourself in our lively and unique local culture as an honored guest in our community and be part of a once-in-a-lifetime experience to enjoy and document one of the most breath-taking and bio-diverse places in the world. There’s no telling what exquisite creatures you will capture with your lens as you experience the wonders of the Amazon.
Depart in the morning from Quito and journey to the Añangu community. You’ll have the opportunity to take out your camera once we get to the black water “Añangu” stream. After some brief instructions and guidelines, you can begin capturing photos as we travel to the wonderous Napo Wildlife Center (NWC).
Once arriving at NWC, we will check-in to the lodge. A sunset photo-session will take place atop the Napo Wildlife Center tower, followed by a delectable dinner. Once at the lodge, we can discuss all the possible activities and photo ops that can be done during our time at the lodge.
You can choose from the following list of activities for a full schedule of photo ops to be done during sunrises, mornings, afternoons, sunsets, and nights. Depending on what your group is interested in photographing you can combine and repeat the various options on any of the days (as long as the weather cooperates). We offer a wide array of activities to choose from allowing you to create a unique fun-filled experience, that can be tailored to fit the 3, 4, or 5 night tour options.
► Daytime activities Details
Activities at sunrise
- Photograph the sunrise from the hotel tower (Duration: 1 to 3 hours).
- Photograph the transition from dawn to sunrise from the Napo Wildlife Center forest canopy tower (Duration: 30 min to 1 hour).
- Capture the Parrot clay licks and Kuri Muyu Cultural Center in stunning early morning light (Duration: early morning through lunch).
Activities for Mornings/Afternoons
- Nature hike on a trail leading to a tower that provides the perfect photo op (Duration: 2 to 4 hours)
- Explore the blackwater creek and lagoon for otters, monkeys, caimans, and birds (Duration: 2 to 4 hours)
- Photograph monkeys and birds around the lodge
- Macro photography experience on the trail located behind the lodge
► Nighttime Activities and Professionally Led Talks Details
- Photographic night hikes on the lodge trail to capture reptiles, amphibians, and insects.
- Photo-op filled night hikes on the path to the tower to photograph reptiles, amphibians, and insects.
- Observe and photograph alligators and frogs around the Napo Wildlife Center lagoon.
- Talks Given by Professional Photographers (specific talk topics listed below).
- Beginning Camera Skills: How do I use my camera?
- Jungle Photography Skills: Basic tips for achieving good photos in the jungle
- Photographic composition
- Storytelling through photography
- How to correctly use flash when capturing different subjects
- Post-processing and cataloging your photographs
- Conservation Photography
- Portfolio Review and Photography Skills Critique
This program can be modified as per your wishes: additional hotel nights, tours, more (5-8) days in the Jungle and more! Enquiry for a tailor-made package as we are experts building great itineraries according to your needs and preferences!
- Amazing photo-sessions from Napo Wildlife Center’s tower.
- Capture incredible shoots of untamed wildlife during the hikes.
- Incredible sunsets and sunrises to be captured
- Complete guide-through and procedures to get the best photographs of the amazon.
Transfers to/from airport with assistance.
Jungle tours with all guided excursions/activities with expert bilingual and native guide, accommodation with private facilities, all meals, snacks and river transfers from/to El Coca.
Drinking water, tea, coffee, welcome/farewell cocktail & some soft-drinks (natural juices).
Flight tickets Quito/ElCoca/Quito.
Visits and sightseeing according to schedule, which can be modified on-site with your guide.
Personalized 24/7 assistance.
TOUR DOES NOT INCLUDES
Hotel nights, tours and other services in Quito or other locations.
Personal expenses, tips, extras and soft/alcoholic drinks.
Full-coverage insurance: medical, travel, cancelation (mandatory).
Tour extensions in Ecuador, Galapagos and/or Peru.
Other services not specified in the program.