Lares to Machu Picchu
Activity level: Moderate
► DAY 01: Cusco – Calca – Huaca WasiDetails
We will leave Cusco about 06:00am by bus. During this trip we will pass by an archeological site. In Calca you will also have the opportunity to use the bathroom and buy your last minute snacks. When we start to walk we will pass by Huaca Wasi pass (4400 meters) and then descend to Lares hot springs (3200 meters). Here we will have some time to relax in the pools. After lunch, we will continue our journey towards Huaca Wasi, where our camp site is situated.
Distance travelled: 3 or 4 hours hiking
Meals included: Lunch and dinner
► DAY 02: Huaca Wasi – Ipsay Pass – Patacancha CommunityDetails
Possibly this day is the most beautiful because of the amazing Andean landscapes and lakes. After breakfast, we will start a 4-hours hike up to the Ipsay Pass (4400 meters). Up there, we will be able to see and visit some farmer families who live from agriculture and textile design, inspired by their surrounding area. Here people still preserve their typical Andean clothes. We will head down for some time and when we meet with our staff, the lunch will be ready. In the afternoon we will still walk down until we get to the village of Patacancha (3650 meters), our camping site.
Distance travelled: 6 or 7 hours of hiking
Meals included: Breakfast, lunch and dinner
► DAY 03:Patacancha & Willoq communities – Ollantaytambo – Aguas CalientesDetails
The third day is also spectacular: we will still visit several communities and small towns such as Willoq (3400 meters), Pumamarca Ruins and Ollantaytambo. From Ollantaytambo we will take the train to Aguas Calientes (2050 meters), where we will spend the night in a nice hotel.
Distance travelled: 6 or 7 hours hiking
Meals included: Breakfast, lunch and dinner
Overnight: 3* Hotel in Aguas Calientes
► DAY 04: Machu Picchu – CuscoDetails
We have breakfast and then take the bus up to Machu Picchu. A walking tour (approximately 2 hours) is given by your guide and after this you can explore the mysterious city by yourself. You will meet your guide in Aguas Calientes for lunch (not included) and to receive your train tickets back to Ollantaytambo. Finally, we will pick you up from Ollantaytambo´s train station to your hotel.
Meals included: Breakfast and lunch
-Rewarding bath at Lares Hot Springs at 3200 meters.
-Trek from Huaca Wasi to Ipsay Pass between 4400 and 3600 meters.
-Hike through Andean Villages until arrive to Ollantaytambo Ruins.
-The grand finale: hike in the majestic Machu Pichu city of the Incas.
All tours and excursions specified with licensed bilingual guide & transportation.
Transfers to/from Airport and others where detailed.
Accommodation on selected hotel (category) with Breakfast.
Entrance fees to visited sites.
24/ assistance when on tour.
TOUR DOES NOT INCLUDES
International and domestic flights in Peru.
Lunch and Dinner where not specified.
Additional entrance fee, tours & sightseeing besides mentioned.
Personal expenses, extras, tips and drinks.
Other services not specified in the program.
Travel, medical and cancelation insurance.
- If the reservation was made with an old passport, you have to bring the old AND new passport for the Lares trekking
- Departure and arrival times are approximated
- Campsites are subject to change according to the designation of the governmental institution regulating the use of the trail, as well as to our guide´s criteria and the group progress
- The maximum allowed group size is 16 people with 22 porters. Our average group size is about 10 people but there are times when we leave even with 2, 3 or 4 people.
- Tips for chef and porters are not included and it´s up to the tourist whether to tip or not to tip (recommended amount is 60 soles given by each tourist for the whole porters group- Chef and guide are tipped indepentently)
- Sleeping bag (Minus 8°C can be rented at local office for $20)
- Hiking boots
- Warm clothes and trekking pants (not jeans)
- Layers of variable temperatures especially at night
- Flash light with extra batteries
- Camera, extra film and batteries
- Sun protection, sun hat, sunglasses
- Thermals, wool socks, gloves/scarf and woolen hat for cold nights
- Insect repellent
- Rain poncho or a good rain jacket
- Extra plastic bags especially in wet season and plastic garbage bags to line up your back pack
- Toiletries / toilet paper / small towel
- Bathing clothes for the hot springs
- Water bottle: water purifying tablets optional
- Personal medical kit
- Extra money for souvenirs and drinks
- Trekking poles
All departures and prices are subject to availability. Please Contact Us to confirm preferred departure