Activity level: Moderate
► DAY 01: Cusco – Cachora – Santa RosaDetails
We leave Cusco at 05:00am in the morning for 4 hour drive to Cachora in our private bus. On the way we will admire the wonderful and amazing Limatambo Canyon, to the right the great Apu-Salkantay and Humantay Mountains, and then we will continue to the little village of Cachora. After meeting our expedition support crew ¨arrieros¨ we arrange our equipment on mules/horses and we will be ready to start a soft hike through this unknown mystery and very historically rich territory.
It is a 3 hour hike to Capuliyoc (2915meters) from where we have our first beautiful views of the Apurimac valley streching below. As well as the snow-capped peaks of Padrayoc and Wayna Cachora. We then descend toward Coca Masana (2330 meters) where the climate becomes noticeably warmer and the flora and fauna begin to change. Essential to bring is a high deet mosquito repellent. Finally we arrive at Playa Rosalina (1550 meters) beside the raging ¨The Speaker God¨ Apurimac River. Once we get to Santa Rosa, we will set up camp and spend the night. Your guide will introduce you to this Amazing Inca land. Walking poles or wooden sticks are very highly recommended.
Distance travelled: 17km
Maximum altitude: 3000 meters
Minimum altitude: 1500 meters
Meals included: Lunch and dinner
► DAY 02: Playa Rosalina – Marampata – Choquequirao Details
After an early breakfast we will walk our campsite to cross a typical holding bridge then a forest of cactus, agaves and exotical fruit trees. Here we start a gentle gradual climb of 1400 meters from the shores of the Apurimac River to Marampata (2900 meters). Here we stop for lunch surround by this beautiful landscape. At the end of this path we will see for the first time, the archeological complex of Choquequirao (3035 meters). On route you will also see a variety of plants and flowers. As soon as we arrive to this Inca complex we will visit the farming terraces of Paqchayoc. Then we will return to our campsite set near to Choquequirao archeological complex.
Distance travelled: 14km
Maximum altitude: (2800 meters)
Minimum altitude: (1500 meters)
Meals included: Bbreakfast, lunch and dinner
► DAY 03:Choquequirao – Playa RosalinaDetails
After breakfast this day is dedicated to exploring the incredible ruins of Choquequirao. Our guide will explain the history and importance of the site. Afterwards you will have free time to visit the many sectors of the complex. Late in the afternoon we will start the return trek and camp the night at Playa Rosalina or Chiquisca.
Distance travelled: 14km
Maximum altitude: 3200 (meters)
Minimum altitude: 1500 (meters)
Meals included: Breakfast, lunch and dinner
► DAY 04: Playa Rosalina – Cachora – CuscoDetails
After a 4 hours approximately climb we reach Capuliyoc. From then on it is a fairly flat trail back tothe village of Cachora. We will say goodbye to our arrieros (horse guides) and take the bus back towards Cusco. A further 4 hours by bus bring us back to Cusco.
Distance travelled: 14km
Meals included: Breakfast and lunch
-Santa Rosa, a town with living Inca history.
-Discover the wonders of the Peruvian moorlands or “paramo”.
-Strenuous yet fully rewarding high-altitude trekking and camping.
-Amazing hiking in lands between 3200 and 1400 meters above sea level.
All tours and excursions specified with licensed bilingual guide & transportation.
Transfers to/from Airport and others where detailed.
Accommodation on selected hotel (category) with Breakfast.
Entrance fees to visited sites.
24/ assistance when on tour.
TOUR DOES NOT INCLUDES
International and domestic flights in Peru.
Lunch and Dinner where not specified.
Additional entrance fee, tours & sightseeing besides mentioned.
Personal expenses, extras, tips and drinks.
Other services not specified in the program.
Travel, medical and cancelation insurance.
- If the reservation was made with an old passport you have to bring the new AND old one for the Choquequirao trekking
- Departure and arrival times are approximated
- Campsites are subject to change according to the designation of the governmental institution regulating the use of the trail, as well as to our guide´s criteria and the group progress
- The maximum allowed group size is 16 people with 22 porters. Our average group size is about 10 people but there are times when we leave even with 2, 3 or 4 people
- Tips for chef and porters are not included and it´s up to you wheter to tip or not to tip (the recommended amount is 60 soles given by each tourist for the whole porter´s group- Chef and guide are tipped independently)
- Backpack & Daypack
- Sleeping bag
- Insect repellent
- Hiking boots
- Trekking Poles
- Clothes layers for variable temperature especially at night
- T-shirts and trekking pants that zip off to short pants for comfortable day walks
- Flash light, head torch
- Camera and extra batteries
- Sunscreen, hat and sunglasses
- Personal medical kit
- Rain gear: poncho/ a good rain jacket for wet season
- Toiletries/ Toilet paper/ Small towel
- Water bottle; water purifying tablets optional
- Extra money for drinks & tips, souvenir etc.
All departures and prices are subject to availability. Please Contact Us to confirm preferred departure