The Department of State announced on October 4, 2021 that the Travel Advisory for Peru was reduced from Level 3 to Level 2 to Exercise Increased Caution. This corresponds with the CDC Level 2 Travel Warning for Peru.
These are important points to remember:
- Before planning any international travel, please review the CDC's specific recommendations for vaccinated and unvaccinated travelers: https://wwwnc.cdc.
- Your risk of contracting COVID-19 and developing severe symptoms may be lower if you are fully vaccinated with an FDA authorized vaccine: https://www.fda.gov/emergency-preparedness-and-response/coronavirus-disease-2019-covid-19/covid-19-vaccines
- The State Department advises Americans to exercise greater caution when travelling to Peru because of COVID-19, criminality, and terrorist attacks. For more information visit: travel.state.gov
- Visit the Embassy's COVID-19 page for more information on COVID-19 in Peru: https://pe.usembassy.gov/covid-19-information/
- To receive updates on safety and health conditions, sign up for the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program ( STEP). For more information, keep checking travel.state.gov and our social media platforms (@usembassyperu) on Twitter and Instagram.